Mayan Cichlid T-Shirt | Wildstyle
The 'Mayan Cichlid' is also referred to as Mayaheros urophthalmus, the 'Mexican Mojaro', or our personal favorite－the 'Atomic Sunfish'!
Mayan Cichlid Information
Mayan Cichlid Range:
The Mayan Cichlid is native to Central America, where it ranges from East Mexico, south to Nicaragua. The Mayan Cichlid can also be found as an invasive species in other parts of the world, including the Everglades National Park in South Florida.
Mayan Cichlid Habitat:
The Mayan cichlid prefers to live in freshwater marshes, mangrove swamps, rivers, and lakes along rocky shorelines. It can also be found in the lagoons and estuaries of coastal islands.
On rare occasions the Mayan Cichlid even inhabits cenotes (sinkholes) in the Yucatan Peninsula!
Mayan Cichlid Fun Facts:
Adult Mayan Cichlids prefer coastal lagoons and rivers and can even survive in marine conditions! They love oxygen-rich waters near submerged vegetation and muddy substrates.
However, despite the Mayan Cichlids preference for waters with higher dissolved oxygen content, it is capable of surviving in extreme hypoxia. This is due to the fact that the Mayan is an oxygen conforming cichlid. Meaning it becomes much less active in hypoxic water, and can survive virtual anoxia for nearly two hours!
Mayan Cichlid T-Shirt details:
• 100% combed and ring-spun cotton (Heather colors contain polyester)
• Ash color is 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Heather colors are 52% combed and ring-spun cotton, 48% polyester
• Athletic and Black Heather are 90% combed and ring-spun cotton, 10% polyester
• Heather Prism colors are 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Fabric weight: 4.2 oz (142 g/m2)
• Pre-shrunk fabric
• Side-seamed construction
• Shoulder-to-shoulder taping
Mayan Cichlid T-Shirt Size guide
|Width (inches)||16 ½||18||20||22||24||26||28||30|