Did you know Americans use 500 million drinking straws daily? According to the National Park Service we will use 182 Billion straws this year in the US alone! That’s a lot of single use plastic, which routinely ends up in our oceans. Plastic is one of the most devastating pollutants to our environment as it is not biodegradable. Breaking down into finer, microscopic pieces, plastic eventually leaches BPA, affecting the reproductive systems of marine life & styrene monomer, a suspected carcinogen.
Here are are a few easy ways to help reduce this problem on #nationalskipthestrawday (Feb 28)
1. Drink from a glass without a straw (duh 😂)
2. Bamboo straws (renewable, reusable, & biodegradable)
3. Paper Straws (biodegradable & renewable)
4. Glass Straws
5. Stainless Steel Straws
You can also help clean up your local beach, park or neighborhood. When your done post a picture of all the straws and use the hashtags #skipthestraw #skipthestrawday to help raise awareness, or you can use the tag @findurnemo #findurnemo or #nemochallenge to let us know how many you found & we will share it on our story. Together we can make the world a better place.
#skipthestraws #nemochallenge #oceanplastics #oceanplasticsucks #oceanplasticpollution #savetheoceans🌊 #savetheoceanlife #marineprotection #plasticpollution #plasticfreeoceans
• 100% combed and ring-spun cotton
• Athletic heather is 90% cotton, 10% polyester
• Other heather colors are 52% cotton, 48% polyester
• Fabric weight: 4.2 oz/y² (142 g/m²)
• Pre-shrunk fabric
• Crew neck
• Relaxed fit